8.17.2010

i'm not sure if i even have a spiritual life anymore. when i sit down, usually i feel elevated, lifted up, serene, powerful. and i am communing with myself. there is little reason to stay there long, as i am want to do as i long to do. but my will keeps kicking me up and out of my holy place. it kicks me out of that part of my mind. if i resist, it just puts me into sleep or half-waking.
this is a time for action. i would enjoy reading prayers, but then, again, why? my every touch and every act is an act of communion with myself and blessing to others. do more. do more is my mantra right now. i want to stay mary at the feet of the LORD, but i have been sent back to the kitchen.
to that end . . . . .

2 comments:

WordMorris said...

When I read the first sentence of this post I agreed completely. Yes! I also feel like I don't have a spiritual life anymore! But then I read further down into the post and I realize that it's the exact opposite. If I'm reading right, you don't have a life separate from your spiritual. You only have a spiritual life. You're living both/and rather than either/or. You're more awake than you realize!

pete said...

oh. is that what it is? that sounds cool when YOU say it. maybe you are right. not sure.